X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detonator

What happened to the Detonator? Is it just a early name for the Activator or a different model all together?

I heard it is now the Activator after talking with some members of the FW team a month or so ago, but i might be wrong.

Question...... what is a more drivey performance board the Activator or Spitfire? There are now 3 boards with the same front but differant back. I thought the Spitfire was a more performance Dominator so whats the Activator a more performance Spitfire. I can't wait to see a Activator i am going to the GC in two weeks i might drop into the FW centre at Currumbin and see if ones on display. Its the only real opportunity I can get to see a good range of FW boards and compare. I was keen for the Jacknife but the more i think about it....don't even get me started on a potatonator is that a softer, cruiser, better wave catcher then the Spitfire, hope so,,,,,,.......any thoughts anyone.......anyone.

Comment

I believe the activator will be a bit more pivoty than the spitfire due to the tail area basically. or what I see,The spitfire has a bit more surface area on the tail, making it a bit more polyvalent on smaller surf. Also the fin placement seems to be a bit different on the two boards due to the tail layouts (correct me if I'm wrong).
      As far as more performant one to the other, well I believe that it's gonna be a different type of ride on the same platform, with the spitfire more suitable for smaller conditions and being a more polyvalent board whereas the activator will allow you to draw tighter arcs but will be less forgiving than the spit on the smaller tuff. Now as you approach to the upper limits on both, I think the activator will have a slight advantage over the spit...but that again i will be a matter of preferences

Comment

iggy good summary but...........please I am a bit unsure of what you mean by "being a more polyvalent board" - I had to many coldies last night - I assume you mean more of an all rounder.....better in all conditions on smaller waves. It will be interesting to see what the feed back is once the Activator is being ridden by a few, i am curious if it will have a lot more drive then the spit or dominator, Nev says it will, thats what interests me more the drive factor. So back to the potatonator i assume it will be more "polyvalent" then the spit on smaller waves.

Comment

Hey folks,

lets clarify this. I am going to post the new threads for each model as well as an image of each. Look for those to be posted within the next hour.

Cheers

Comment

Sweet......thanks Chris........i think you need to go out for a few weeks on overtime...test each board back to back and give a full run down on how each preforms compared to similar models.

Comment

here let me put you through to my boss...that is a good idea.

Comment

Guys...it is this simple.
                The Activator will have slightly more drive on open face carves with a tighter arc in the pocket than the Spitfire, all due to a slightly narrower tail brought in with curve from the soft wings. This may be better for the guy who has less ummf in his turns (like me) who needs a hand to bury the tail at speed. A surfer with grunt can push a wider tail (Spitfire/Dom) and get more resistance/drive as long as the rocker and fin position allows for it. We nailed this part of the formula in our hybrid range.

Comment

Thanks Mr Neville!!

Comment

Working...
                  X