X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new hellrazor

any updates on updating the razor.. there was some discussion about tweaking it a bit.. going a little thicker etc. would love a thicker 5'11

I recall Nev was talking about going back to a diamond tail too.

Comment

I like a squash/square..just would like a Lil thicker so I can go shorter..either that our I'm getting a chedda

Comment

I haven't heard of them doing something like that, but the CC will give you that shorter/ thicker shortboard that you may be looking for. That board kills it in waves anywhere from 3-6ft. I've been riding squashes and thrusters my whole life and this is one of my favorites out of the Firewire arsenal.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

yeah i have the unibrow as my go to shortboard but i'm not in love with roundtails (especially compared to my razor) and its probably too much volume i feel at times (thickness wise) i have a 5'10 unibrow and i can turn/bury the rail on my 5'6 potatonator easier i feel even though they are the same volume but the nator is 2 1/4 thick.. i was thinking going with the 5'10 cc if i go that route.. have to keep a bit of volume being on the east coast usa.. i'm 160-165 5'11 high intermediate surfer

Comment

Somewhere around a 510 CC would be a good option for you then if you're in the market for a new board. I would say the CC is more "shortboardy" than the Unibrow so you'll definitely be able to bury rail, etc. with that board.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

The HZ is fine as it is. Wonderful board. I think at 6' 1 it's just the perfect length and thickness for myself to really feel that spring out of the turns. I just wished the conditions here were good enough to use it more often.

Comment

yeah idk 6'1 feels so long now a days.. compared to other boards

Comment

Working...
                X