Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't pick it up until I get mine. Grrr.
    PS I sent you a Words With Friends/Scrabble request on the old phone. According to my phone you play it.

Comment

its a race..first to the waters edge wins...!!

kids put scrabble on my ipod..only use it as an e reader for bedtime...i go online a couple of times a week to download books...i'll try and get on later...we'll see how far my expensive private skool educashun getz mee in a speling kontest....

Comment

Haha ok mate

Comment

going online now mate....

any other spellers out there...we could have a firewire spell-off....chris will be easy to beat...his reliance on voice recognition software will be his downfall..!!..and iggy will be let down by his online translation..!!...

it could end up a battle for the ashes...!!.(yanks wont get that)
          Last edited by core personal training; 03-12-2012, 02:49 AM. Reason: kant spel good

Comment

Ha classic! I'm off to a nice start there.

Hoping to get my board this week Dave, so I might still win!

Comment

if i forget the spray it'd be here tomorrow..!!..

lets get a tri-nation thing going...the americas vs poms/irish vs aussies.(begrudgingly including you piha..!!)

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                if i forget the spray it'd be here tomorrow..!!..

lets get a tri-nation thing going...the americas vs poms/irish vs aussies.(begrudgingly including you piha..!!)
                jajajaj

Comment

uh oh the table has been set...

Comment

FWIW - used to put either car wax or RAin -x on the bottom of skimboards to get them to go a bit faster. Surprisingly enough it did actually make a small difference. Wears off pretty quickly, but when it is first on there it goes great. I suspect the nanotune stuff would up that a notch or two.

Comment

I think both my hellfire and spitfire have nanotune. The spitfire definitely has it, as it's only a week old and I remember looking at the sticker and thinking that's how the hellfire looked brand new too. They both go great but the dom I bought second hand and looks to be maybe a couple of years old as it has a valve and to be honest it really seems to go pretty fast as well. If I were to compare the spit and the dom speeds down the line they seem to be about the same not surprisingly except when it comes to the speed of rail to rail transitions...the spitfire wins no contest, much like the original spitfires with their Rolls Royce Merlin V12 engines, the ME109 was faster but not as manoeuverable in a dog fight.

I think there used to be a similar product a few years back called Superkote or something, and you sprayed it on bottom of your board. My mate's brother in law used this stuff, he seemed to be convinced it worked. Hard to tell and I remain sceptical but still open to the idea. If I get the time I might do some digging I want to see why sharkskin which is rough and why dimples on golf balls, aero bike wheels, and other aerodynamic applications actually works. As well one of the fastest boards I've ever had, had quite a rough surface.

Comment

Thanks for the reluctant inclusion Core, I don't feel patronised at all! My Dad was from Aussie and it was his love for body-surfing Sydney beaches that got us brothers into surfing in the first place, so no hard feelings. Anyway I'm off to the Maldives 5th May, 7 days at Cokes, land based, then 11 days Charter trip to the Central Atolls. Got a cameraman surfing with us so should get footage of the Dom and Hellfire in action on very nice waves [just ignore the geriatric body spoiling the pretty pictures!] Between us we will have 2x Hellfires and 2x Doms and a Sweet Potato got and probably a couple of others so Firewires will be well represented. At last count I have put at least 9 people onto Doms since Nev talked me into getting one 2 1/2 yrs ago. Best board I have ever owned till I got my Hellfire figured out. A good friend of mine will also be bringing a superior Nano speed product onto the market soon with scientific testing to back up it's claims, so watch this space.

Comment

on ya piha...knew you would be lurking and pick up on that..!!!...

sounds like a good trip...enjoy...

and good on you for spreading the FW word...the more sold, the more golf balls nev can buy....!!

Comment

Oh Daaaave..... My board is in Firewire Europe HQ, being delivered on Friday. The race is on :D

Comment

oh-oh...unless christian sprays it and gets it back today for freight then you'll win.....nev, nikki, raz,, drag christian out of the surf and back on the tools....we cant let the poms win here..!!

Comment

hahaha, well i'm probably going to get my spray on too, but i'll still have the board in hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X