Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfect quiver

Hello Nev

I have a 5'8" spitfire and love love love this amazing board. (only ride as a quad, cannot get it to work so well as a thruster???)

I am 48yrs, 80kg, 5'6" short and intermediate surfer living in BALI. and lacking paddle power

Looking for the perfect step up boards and am thinking a 6'2" hellfire and my big board 6'7" hellrazor?

Advice please
    Wayde

If you love the 5'8" Spitfire (31 litres) I'd have thought the 5'10" Hellfire (29.4) would be the next board up, and maybe a 6'1" (29.1) or 6'3" Hellrazor (30.9) would be the go, probably the 6'3" in the HR to diferentiate it more from the other two.

I'm 10kg on you in lesser waves and surf a 6'4" Dom, but could surf a 6'2", particularly if it was in consistently better waves. Drawing a comparison from that I'd have thought you'd be on a 5'10" Spitfire (33.5l), and it would therefore follow you'd be on a 6'0" Hellfire (31.9l), and a 6'3" or 6'5" Hellrazor (33.5).

All in all if the Spit works for you at the 5'8" length then I'd be suggesting to go with the suggestions in the first paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayde View Post
      Hello Nev

I have a 5'8" spitfire and love love love this amazing board. (only ride as a quad, cannot get it to work so well as a thruster???)

I am 48yrs, 80kg, 5'6" short and intermediate surfer living in BALI. and lacking paddle power

Looking for the perfect step up boards and am thinking a 6'2" hellfire and my big board 6'7" hellrazor?

Advice please
      Wayde
      Life must be tough living in Bali

Comment

tough as
        especially sailing on my tri to go surfing

Comment

thanks buzzy

was thinking about the 6'0" hellfire and 6'5" hellrazor combo.

Love the spitfire, couple friends I have given a ride all say the same thing, they say now they know why I am surfing like that and do not want to return it ever!

Comment

Yeah, I reckon that would work.

I see Chris has mentioned in another thread you go the 6'4" Hellfire, which is the length I'd be looking at @90kg. It really depends on how much ease of paddling you are after, your ability, and how clean/lined up the waves you are surfing. I personally think at 80kg if you love the Spit at 5'8" the 6'4" Hellfire will feel way overfoamed, but then again (as intimated above) I have an inkling you might be riding an underfoamed Spit for your weight, particularly if you're looking for paddling assistance.

Comment

Agreed there Buzzy. I'm 84kgs, surf the Spit 5'8" and the Hellfire 6'0" packs already quite some volume for me

Comment

i ride the 510hf at up over 90kg...just for reference...the idea with the hf is to keep it as small as you can...if i wanted that sort of ride with length i would (and will) get a hellrazor..

Comment

Working...
                X