X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazylegs View Post
    Think we can get it to a 7 page thread? Ha!
    Yes I think we can.
    I was going to get a 6' Hellfire but as I seem to be staying at 88-89Kg instead of dropping to 84-85Kg I think I will go with a 6'2 Hellfire. I have a 6' Dom which I love in smaller waves up to head high (just got some Simon thruster fins, Large size.The larger fin (used to have G5's) seem to make my board go better.) I also have a 6'6 flexfire for extra big days (12-16 foot faces,any bigger these days I probably wouldn't go out unless perfect.Not fit enough.)
    I think the 6'2 Hellfire would fill in the gap (Head high to 12 faces) nicely. I also think the extra 2" would help me paddle a bit better as I get a bit older (not necessarily wiser).

Comment

Yesssssss! #7
      I can take comfort in knowing a bigger dude rides a 6' and is fine. Fed up of watching what I eat. Indian takeaway it is tomorrow night me thinks!
      The 6'2 HF or Alt will prob be the step up size for me too...wait until I'm back up to slater level before that decision is made though.

Comment

good stuff! pretty much EVERYONE can surf like slater.

Comment

Picked up the spitfire today! Brought home the 6' but think I would have gone the 5'10 if it was available. Opted for the k3 thrusters and hope to get the k2.1 quad set pretty soon, cannot wait until tomorrow! Surf is pumping at the moment, just hope it's not too big for the spitty - around 4-5'...
          I also checked out my next purchase which will be the 6'3" hellrazor for the better days (like today!). I was surprised by how narrow the tail is and didn't think it looked much of a hybrid board to me, I guess it has a fair width but it certainly looks on the high performance end of scale. A few more weeks for that one!
          6' spitfire, 6'3" hellrazor
          K3 thrusters and k2.1 quads
          Pretty good quiver right there I reckon!!!
          Yeeeeeew!!!!

Comment

Should have got the 5'10"!!! Solid 4' beachies today, decent surf but defo feel as though I could have gone smaller....bit annoyed with myself but too late now really. Better than going too small I guess.
            I see what people mean by the back end getting twitchy, it was going in the bigger sets. A set of quads may help that out a bit.
            Only had 40 mins, the missus, dig and baby all on the beach so had the guilt card being played. It on again tomorrow so will get more of a feel then. First impressions were its a very easy board to surf and very stable. Just should have gone smaller! I'm 85kg and the 5'10" would be ideal I think, just wasn't in the ago at the time... Damn you impatience!

Comment

Just re read my post, this predictive writing can make you out to sound pretty dumb!
              I'm not though....
              Honest..

Comment

and people doubt my judgement..!!!...so tune into that board and then you will know whether to scale your quiver off it or a smaller one

Comment

Surf was a little smaller yesterday, a solid head high and the board was amazing. 6' ain't a bad size after more time on it...core, it wasn't that I didn't take you advice, I just went for what I felt would be best although I could have got away with the 5'10". Others were telling me to go the 6'2", glad I didnt.
                  On another note, I'm a bit disappointed on how soft the bottom of the board is, it has a number of dings in it already and a 4" dia hole on the bottom, cracked into te foam and water logged...dont know how it happened, didnt have any particularly spectacular wipeouts.
                  The board is quite soft to press underneath, it's a shame as the top is tough, surely the bottom should be a bit tougher? They're not cheap boards...
                  Overall the board is excellent to ride and very responsive. Just a little soft underneath for the price in my opinion...

Comment

i didnt mean you...you got what i advised straight away...it was all these other "doubting thomas's"..!!.. :P..you knew you needed a 6'0 or 5'10....

dont know what you banged on the bottom????...the glass is not brittle like conventional boards and the foam will absorb and return too....i have no trouble and mine hit rocks non stop....keep your eye on it...as for now...get the ding at the lowest point and let it drain...

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty pissed to be honest... Brand new board..
                      I've taken it to the local shaper to repair, it's a decent hole and whilst I can fix it myself, I want it done properly considering its new. Will just have to put a sticker over the repair after...
                      Do you have the rapidfire version core? I didn't notice until now that the fibreglass bottom is fairly thin and soft. The board is pretty stiff and probablyore difficult to snap than a conventional board, just VERY easy to ding up...

Comment

mine are rf unless only made in fst..its only 4oz but very very resilient...you must of given it a good hit...i'v knocked myself momentarily out and only caused the slightest crack that didnt even need sealing..ive paddled straight onto rocks with full weight and nothing...

Comment

Working...
                        X