X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which board next?

Hi all, I would like some feed back if i could, on what board to get next. I have a dom 6.0. I am 82kgs intermidate, starting to link up turns with not alot of power. So I would like a board that is going to be similar as possible from swapping from one board to the other as I dont surf all the time. A board to take over from the dom in bigger better surf up to seven foot max at the moment. Paddle power, forgiveness good fun board. Beach break waves, Sydney. Your thoughts please?

Id recommend a 6.2 or 6.4 HF

Comment

Hellfire 5'10" or 6'0" depending on your prefference

Comment

Thanks guys. I thought that might be the case with the Hf. Just didn't know if the lost stealth with its round tail fang was another option. It's hard when you have to consider foil, rocker, and tail to make it as close to the Domonator as possible. I thought a 6.2 would have the right volume for me, but unsure now.

Comment

The Lost Minnie Driver is coming out in FST and RF soon. That could potentially be an amazing step up from the Dominator.

Comment

Yeah Prj just had a look at the board, looks great. My thoughts were if you could keep the same shape board ie tail and close to width and thinkness it would be an easy transfer as it surfs the same because of the tail. Is this the right train of thought or is foil, forgiveness more important, don't worry about the tail or is having a round tail but a more high performance board the right choice. That's if it is more high performance then the Hf or should I say not as forgiving.Thats what I love about the Dom it makes shit look good. Love to see a review of the board from none pro riders.

Comment

I'd say it all plays a part. Some guys that really like round tails will only ride round tails though.

Comment

Yeah, I'd love to see an Alternator style board but with more of a round tail a la the Dominator - sort of like the JS Occy board but maybe a tad more width. That would then provide an obvious "next step up" from the Dom.

In the meantime I'm thinking of a Futura for myself. At 6'0" or 6'2" it might be a good next step up. That or the Hellfire or Alternator.

Comment

The round tail Alternator looks pretty tasty to me as is!

http://instagr.am/p/IsgXv4KQG7/

Comment

Yeah if the had a Hf with a round tail problem solved for me. Wonder how long the Minnie diver is away? Maybe the most forgiving board would be best for me when its starting to get more high performance? If they are all going to be different.

Comment

Something like a round tail Alternator would be good for you also. It has a little more volume than the other shortboard models and a more relaxed rocker making it quite forgiving but also capable of handling anything you want it to. There's guys on here who love the Dom/Alternator quiver combo.
                      Seems like the Minnie Driver is pretty close, but hard to say for sure.

Comment

When you think about it, the Dom being one of their most popular boards, I wounder why they don't have a high performance hybrid bigger wave Dom.

Comment

Yeah, it's an interesting concept. I don't know exactly how you'd achieve it though. The Hellfire is basically that, but with the step down rail and diamond tail from the Spitfire.
                          I'm not sure if a step down round tail would work, and if it was left too thick it just wouldn't hold in bigger, more powerful surf.
                          I think the Minnie Driver could end up being exactly what you're talking about though. Hopefully the Dim's will be coming soon.

The only one that's been posted is 5'10" x 19.50" x 2.50" and Matt Biolos says the rail is nice and blended soft, doesn't feel thick at all. More like 2.38".

I imagine they'll go up and down in 2" length increments and 0.25" width and either 0.12" or 0.06" thicknesses.
                          Last edited by Phill; 03-28-2012, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Not so thick tail with a single or double flyer rounded tail, rest like the Hf, that could be sweet? Thanks for your advice Prj, I will check out the md for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X