X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost rockup.

Hey nev. a bunch of the local pros here in nj (Sam hammer and mike Gleason to be exact. Gleason is a volcom guy who gets some nice video shots in Hawaii in the winter. ) have been riding some retro rocket type models in some serious winter barrels. I guess lost has the new rock up model. Short Pin tail. Wide nose ect. These guys only ride this on heaving head to double overhead barrels. I guess the idea is to get into the wave turn and hold on. Any chance fw might develop a similar barrel riding machine. I know you mentioned the Dom as a rocket type version. In the winter steep fast and hollow is common place.

mini driver

Comment

Ok. Does FireWire have anything similar to either the rock up or mini driver. Maybe the hellfire or the hell razer? If not I'd love to see something similar. Id like to stay in the FireWire family as much as possible.

Comment

One reason I'd love a model like that from fw is the epoxy durability. I'm a bit nervous to drop 700+ on a pu board that im going to use in typical east coast board breaking conditions. My fw have all survived some tough conditions. I know all boards break but I'm a big believer fw boards are a bit sturdier than most. I figure it reduces my odds in some way.

Comment

mini driver is on it's way in FST

Comment

How does it differ from the rock up. Can it handle overhead + ?

Comment

From Mayhem's blog

Its Very Much like the Rock Up, meaning its a shorter wider outline that handles solid srf, but the rocker more resembles the driver. It has not quite as plled in of tail and works better in small surf than the rock up.
              It def works fine in 3' mush (from seeing Taylors video at Lowers) and 6' grinders (see RedBull Minor Threat stuff of KA

the Mini has a much lower tail rocker and a bit higher nose rocker. The nose rocker at 1' and 2' from the nose is much more acelerated on the MD than the RockUp. The outline is shifted forward on the rockUp as well.
              The Mini rides more from the tail and the RU more forward.

http://mayhembiolos.posterous.com/mini-driver-fst
              Last edited by Phill; 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

The 6 4 Rock up has similar specs to my 6 4 hellfire. Obviously different type of tail and tail dimensions. I'm thinking maybe the hf is the closest fw board. I like the idea of the that fst mini driver though.

Comment

updated that post a couple of times Bumper, not sure if you got the extra info. looks like a real fun board though. i'll be trying hard to resist this one!

Comment

Working...
                  X