Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you be riding the same dims as Mark's or the next size down? I've been reading that guys seem to size these things insanely small...?

Comment

Actually i would be riding mine in a 506 at about 29 liters...

That is what I would prefer. But for me, its a smaller wave board. I still like the rail and reliability of a traditional shortboard when the surf gets better...
      Cheers

Comment

Can't wait to try one, I'm going to have to hassle my local shop that stock firewires to get a test board in, and ensure its in dimensions that aren't to boat like, that's always the problem.

Comment

when could we expect these in the UK?

also can our local dealer supply any board in the Firewire range if we order through them?

thanks

Comment

I wouldn't expect them until April time next year at the earliest to be honest. I'll give Myles an email and see if he knows when he's going to start ordering them but Chris may chime in before then.

Comment

I've been riding the Tomo vector quad, 5'10" X 19 1/2" X 2 1/2" and thin foiled rails. I reckon the volume is around 29 Liters. My much loved 6'0" Spitfire has almost 6 more liters. I agree with Chris the Tomos are wicked fast and you have a lot of control of maneuvers. I'm looking forward to the five fin option. The quads on my board are hatchet type glass-ons designed by Tomo. They are tiny 4" height single foil front, 3 3/4" double foil back and for a guy my size 6' 5" tall, 200 lbs they go insane. Does anyone know where we can purchase similar type fins compatible for FCS and Futures?

http://tomosurfboards.com/images/boa...d-fins_mph.jpg

Comment

Has anyone else noticed on the vanguard info page, under the pic of the board is a FST logo, but currently the model is only up as rapid fire?

Why do they always put rapid fire out first and not FST first?

Comment

I'm guessing but with such evenly distributed thickness and being shorter and narrower there wouldn't be much flex anyway, so maybe they don't even intend to do FST.

Comment

I thought the Rapidfires were about flex over the FST.

My BP seems flexy compared to my other boards in FST flavor. Am I imagining things?

Comment

The issue is with the channels in the bottom I think. Mark said it was do-able but would add quite a bit of weight and that the WRF was working so well that it seemed unnecessary to do at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by aurfalien View Post
                        I thought the Rapidfires were about flex over the FST.

My BP seems flexy compared to my other boards in FST flavor. Am I imagining things?
                        The FST has the parabolic stringer (balsa rails) which is designed specifically for the extra flex pattern it gives. Same deal with carbon fibre flex parabolic stringers. Maybe the flex in your BP is due to fin flex?

PRJ, thanks for that info. I guess the channels could still handle the flex...they seem to on standard PU and epoxy. Anyway it probably doesn't matter and the extra lightness probably helps.

Comment

Yeah it's not an issue with the channels and flex, more with the bottom high density skin fitting into those channels.
                          The RF still has the flex but the return rate of the carbon fibre rods is a bit quicker than the more organic balsa rails. Hence 'Rapid'fire. I find its feels nice and lively in small to medium sized waves, but like the dampening, weight and durability of FST for larger conditions.

Comment

Hi guys, I am new to firewire but already owned and loved a tomo nano (a model that is less progressive than the vanguard they are making). I lived in Asia so it did take quite a lot of time to sort out delivery with tomo during my last custom. Got a firewire distributor in my area so hopefully they can bring me a vanguard of my size. Still not decided between the 5'0 and 5'2.

So my understanding of the construction is rapid fire is like a eps+epoxy with bamboo deck? How does the white rapidfire (without bamboo) differs with the original bamboo version in terms of resistance to dents and flex? And the FST is parabolic balsa rail with PU? Seems like you guys prefer the FST because of more flex despite higher price.

Can't wait for the new stick! Hopefully there will be more tomo models come up soon

Comment

So does that mean one can get a FW Tomo now?

Comment

I wonder if Kartki Swiateczne or Hidetrita is getting a new Tomo ha ha
                                Bloody spam is everywhere
                                Last edited by Wandi; 10-29-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X