Firewire Partners with Daniel Thompson of Tomo Surfboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desmond View Post
    Hi guys, I am new to firewire but already owned and loved a tomo nano (a model that is less progressive than the vanguard they are making). I lived in Asia so it did take quite a lot of time to sort out delivery with tomo during my last custom. Got a firewire distributor in my area so hopefully they can bring me a vanguard of my size. Still not decided between the 5'0 and 5'2.

So my understanding of the construction is rapid fire is like a eps+epoxy with bamboo deck? How does the white rapidfire (without bamboo) differs with the original bamboo version in terms of resistance to dents and flex? And the FST is parabolic balsa rail with PU? Seems like you guys prefer the FST because of more flex despite higher price.

Can't wait for the new stick! Hopefully there will be more tomo models come up soon
    If you go to the websites main page and click on explore then technology you can get all the info about Rapid fire and FST.

Personally I prefer FST construction not so much for the flex but for the durability standard PU boards generally last me 6 months(if lightly glassed) to a year(if good glass job) before there kind of lost there magic, deck sunk(dont mind that actually, but snapped boards from it), few dings on bottom, tail or rail shatters, Im coming up to 12 months on both my FW,s and both dont have one pressure ding on the bottom and on the deck only a very slight sunk/ding from front foot and tiny pressure dings from my duck diving knee, very slight shatter on nose from slamming it real hard into rock cliff.

I haven't had a rapid fire but a mate who is far nicer on his boards than me has a few dings on his (has a few) and the second hand ones i see around for sale are generally more dinged up than the FST,s i see for sale second hand.

Personally from what ive seen, rapid fire construction seems roughly twice as durable than a standard(not lightly glassed) PU board while FST construction seems twice as durable as rapid fire, but this is just my personal view and others may beg to differ.

About flex, i honestly dont know to many variables for me to tell, but performance wise both my FW FST boards go great up there with some of the best boards of ridden (ridden over 50+ boards)

Comment

stoked indo dreaming. great to hear!!!

Comment

Hi Chris when can i get a vanguard 6,0 or 5,10 in j-bay if i order now from Country Feeling ?????

Comment

Hey mads,

hit me with an email and I can help you get a pre-order placed for sure...

Comment

mads at the address in my signature.

thanks

Comment

Hey Desmond same for you if you need help getting once sent. None of these will happen overnight, however, as they are not even officially released yet...

Cheers

Comment

There's a strong chance I'll hit you up soon too Chris... If I get Christmas out of the way first will I have dropped the ball?

Comment

why don't you hit Myles and ask him when his first delivery of Tomo's are scheduled to arrive. then we can back track and see when an order would need to be placed.

Comment

First and second quarter or 2013 was in the dealer's informational.

I'll shoot him an email but I imagine it'll be April/May time.

Comment

yeah so...I'll hit you with an email.

Comment

Hi guys, were can I order a Tomo Vanguard from the east coats of Florida? would like to order one asap, thank all.

Wooops my bad already answered on other page, my bad.
                        Last edited by black1; 11-08-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

What's MSRP on a 5'4" Vanguard?

Comment

I'm guessing they'll run at a similar price to the lost collabs.

Comment

chris what fins are you using in your tomo?

Comment

so tomos should be available early 1013...?

Comment

Working...
                                X