X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Chris

I wanna preorder a 5'10 but it doesn't seem like all the shops in so-cal offers the option of preorders. Which shops currently does the preorders?

Cheers,

Comment

Hey

By the way, do you guys think the 5'10 would be about right? My MB and Sub Scorcher have about 32,5L volume, but looking for something that would carry me a bit better during winter with the thicker wetsuits and all.

Also, I am 6'3 and reckon that going for a 5'8 would fill too weird.

Cheers,

Comment

Ops, sorry for all the posts. Forgot to mention that I weigh about 90kg without a wettie.

Comment

Hey Norberg,

regarding placing your order, why don't you just email me directly at the address below and we'll get your order sorted and entered so you get one out of the first delivery.

Also thinking about size, i would actually keep your volume right close to what you are used to. The board does paddle and plane well so i don't think there is much of an argument to ramp up your volume UNLESS you feel that your current boards are undersized. That would likely mean going 508...

Cheers

Comment

Chris can I also use your email and place an order for the Tomo Vanguard? sorry I asked the same question on the other forum page about were to order on east coast.

Comment

yeah black feel free.

Comment

Chris,

So if you ideal volume was in the middle of the 506 and 508 say 30ltrs would you recommend going up to 508 or going down to 506?

Do you think the 506 Vanguard at 28.8ltrs would paddle as well as a 506 Potatonator at 30.3ltrs?

thanks

Comment

Fazza I'd go 506. With an outline so parallel I don't think you want to oversize these.

Comment

Yeah i recon i'm gonna go for a 5.6 .... i just stick it close to the 29 liter i feel comfy on. And i can pretty do all i want with the HF 5.10. I just want a tat more performance than my hellfire.

The drop to 25.9 liter with the 5.4 will be to big a step for me since i never surf below 27 liter. Up to a 5.8 and it will be too much volume for me at 32.8 liter. That's more the volume i'm gonna put in my BP..... for fun small waves.

So if there was a 5.5 i would go for that :-))

I know i can surf that volume of the 5.6 pretty good. So better be safe than sorry. Just hope the smaller width of the Vanguard (same as my shortboard) and the different volume distribution must give it more performance characteristics compared to the HF.

Can't wait for it to turn up at my doorstep..... frothing ....

Comment

I really hope you give Sam Lamiroy one of these, I'd love to hear his review on it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BoardshopUK?feature=watch

Comment

Here's a little (and I do mean little) something to get your froth on. Enjoy! https://vimeo.com/55254761
                        Last edited by John808; 12-13-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Nice video makes me want to cancel my Chubby Cheddar order, if the CC is not in next week I'm getting a 6'2" Vanguard which was my second option. As Stuart says you just have to go outside the box having a BP and previously a SP the Vanguard will really get the crew talking.

Comment

i'm interested.. no money though

Comment

whats the ideal wave range for this board??

Comment

Stuart says up to 6', small to medium. I look at the board as something that will force me to surf differently and make me try different things. The idea will be to then see if I can take what I learn on it back to my "normal" boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X