Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone getting on these yet? Curious how people are finding them for paddling. I'm still juggling between 506 and 504 and need to make a decision!

Comment

thought this quote from tomo regarding small sizes might help some people (like me) who are contemplating dropping volume.

"In regards to the reduced volume, combining the above design aspects results in significant speed (thrust) increase due to the reduction in drag (both surface resistance and turbulent). The angular tails also help with this. As for paddling?? Obviously there is reduction in paddle power, however in my option I am happy to give up a little paddle luxury for a significant performance upgrade. Saying this, the relative fullness in the front end of many of my designs, allows you to get forward on the board when catching waves and use your feet to kick. Admittedly, my most refined work is not suitable for every riderís ability."

Sounds like the boards have plenty of get up and go, but if you want to glide around the line up and get lots of waves it's probably best to stick to more normal volumes.

Comment

Yeah keep in mind too, Daniel Thomson surfs at a level where his Weight to Volume ratio is smaller than what it should be for a lot of us. He is an incredible surfer and doesn't need the same buoyancy. when you are in the top .5% of surfers in the world, you view equipment differently.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          Anyone getting on these yet? Curious how people are finding them for paddling. I'm still juggling between 506 and 504 and need to make a decision!
          I believe mine is in the country but still in Currumbin, due to the floods in QLD things have been a bit delayed, I'm guessing all the logistical resources are being used up to get food and other things to people in flood affected areas in QLD and northern NSW. Won't be long and I will have it.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            Likewise, Im 165. Saw them in the shop yesterday, been anxiously awaiting for feedback from someone on a 5'4 or 5'6
            Kudos for the first in depth VG review!

Comment

Working...
            X