Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard Construction

Hi Firewire folks,

I've been eyeing the new Vanguard, and noticed that it only comes in Rapidfire construction. Just wondering if there is a future chance that it will be available in some of your other constructions, i.e. FST, Crossfire, etc. I'd be way more likely to pull the trigger on buying this board if it came in a more durable build. Thanks!

Looks like they have been building an FST prototype but it will be a long way out before they are actually available.
    Sounds like the White Rapidfire goes real well though!

Comment

Attachment

What's that little thing in the back??? ;)
      Attached Files

Comment

Tomo V4

Comment

Looks pretty sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            Looks like they have been building an FST prototype but it will be a long way out before they are actually available.
            Sounds like the White Rapidfire goes real well though!
            I think the difficulty is with the FST skin, trying to get the sharp edge for the channels.
            Last edited by Slowman; 12-26-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              Tomo V4
              The one you can let the family meet!

Comment

geas man more boards!

Comment

And this one looks fun for the waves here Kdroping
                  Last edited by iggy; 01-02-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                    I think the difficulty is with the FST skin, trying to get the sharp edge for the channels.
                    I spoke to Mark about that earlier in the year when I saw the prototype. They had already figured how to deal with the bottom skin and channels then, but its possible they've figured out a new way now.

Comment

OK so if you had to sell a board to get this one would it be the Potatonator or keep the Potatonator for small waves and sell the Sweet Potato? Also given my height and weight 5'06" 05 5'04"? See my signature below:

Comment

I got the same problem as you kdropin!

Comment

Originally posted by K24Surfer View Post
                          OK so if you had to sell a board to get this one would it be the Potatonator or keep the Potatonator for small waves and sell the Sweet Potato? Also given my height and weight 5'06" 05 5'04"? See my signature below:
                          I'd sell the Sweet, but sell both if you have to!

Comment

hah, totally a personal preference call. The Sweet Potato and Vanguard will let you surf a larger range of waves but there is a little bit of a gap in between the two. I would play it off how small of a wave you are looking to surf and deciding whether the Potatonator works in those conditions. If it does, then keep the Potatonator...

Comment

Whoa!!!!! The Vanguard looks awesome. Are you going to be experimenting on kiteboard versions? If so I want one!

Comment

Working...
                              X