Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4

When will the v4 be released in Aus?

Suncoast

I have been looking at this board for a while and that it is basically a Vanguard in disguise from what I have read online. However, it looks alot narrower in the tail than the Vanguard so I was wondering if it would feel more like a traditional shortboard?

Looks like a insane travel board that would maybe work better in bigger waves than the Vanguard?

Also, when do you think the first batch will hit Europe?

Cheers

Comment

I think the centre is wider making the tail look narrower. That might not be the case and you could be right.
      There's possibly some coming in next month but I'd email a couple of dealers regarding that as I think September is more likely as I don't think they are even available in the US or Aus yet...

Comment

Hey Phil

I am already on it in regards to getting one from the first batch:-)

Seems like they have kept the same width and almost the same thickness as the Vanguard, but added 4" to the length. I went all nerdy and compared the two boards in PS in the same width(Vanguard 5'10 and V4 6'2) and the tail looks a lot wider on the Vanguard. Not sure if the translate to anything, but hoping that it turns out narrower on the V4 and that it feel more like a traditional shortboard.

Comment

Hey guys,

I don't have specific dates yet for AUS but I will look into it. Its slowly making its way to retail in the US in smaller numbers to start.

standby.

Comment

@Chris... r we spose to pre-order the V4 now or will it b like the VG and we hunt and find? if so when will it release in Hawaii?

Comment

Hey Fokai,
              either model can be special ordered anywhere.

Also the V4 is looking to hit AUS in June some time. Definitely call ahead if you are looking to prebook though.

Cheers

Comment

thanks Chris. i'll check it out.

is there anyone else interested in this board from Hawaii. as you all know 5 orders is the magic #. I'm down, so that's one. i need 4 more to cut the shipping.

Comment

Chris,

Can you give us an idea of the boards performance/ease of use/grovellability compared with the vanguard ?

The 5'10 sits better at my preferred vol then any of the vanguards avaliable (however I am half convinced on the vanguard based on the positive reviews, it will mean having a ltr or two more or less than ideal)

Comment

Hey Chris I am about to order preorder the V4, but wanted to check with you if you have any more info at this stage on how the board rides. Only a few boards hitting Europe so really want to place the order as soon as possible. Cheers

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      From what I've heard they can be used as a bit of a step up from the Vanguard. Or I guess as a more conventional approach. Like the Vanguard I'm sure they are way more HP than they look.

Hey Phil

The reason why I am asking is that I am a bit concerned that the board needs to be surfed heavily of the back foot like the Vanguard. I would say that I tend to switch between front foot and back foot according to different waves so was hoping that the V4 would be more of a neutral board in comparison to the Vanguard. Do you mean "conventional approach" in terms of the outline and shape of the board or more of the feel of a standard neutral short board?

Appreciate the feedback here!!!!

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is purely guess work, but I imagine having more curve at the front with a thinner, conventional nose, it's going to be more forgiving off the front foot. That said, it still has a wide tail area and I see it needing a solid bit of back footing to get it to light up.

Found the dimensions in another thread. Thanks Phill.
                    Last edited by ronmexico; 06-04-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I noticed that most guys are riding the VG with less volume then say there spitfire. I think there was a thread about it early on in the VG release. I was wondering do you ride the V4 with less volume like the VG or would I be better off trying to match the volume to my SF? I was going to get rid of the SF and replace it with the V4.

Comment

• Phill
                        Phill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd def ride it less volume than a Spitfire. Close to typical shortboard volume. Maybe 5-10% less than Spitfire depending on how big your Spitfire is.

• twtw
                        twtw commented
                        Editing a comment
                        so going from a 6'4" SF with 41.5. I would be better getting the 6'4" V4 with 38.9l then the 6'6" with 42.0.
                        Thanks Phill

• Phill
                        Phill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd say go for the smaller one unless you already feel like the Spitfire is at the low end of your volume.
                        My Spitfire was the 5'8 in the 30-31l range I think. The 5'6 Vanguard at 28.8l felt huge to me so I'd either go with the 26l 5'8 V4 or the 28.8l 5'10 V4.

10% less than the spitfire is a pretty good guide I reckon and is about bang on in my case. My 6'0 spitfire is 35L and my 6'0 V4 is 31.5L.

Comment

can FW or anyone tell us all what size Filipe Toledo AKA "the KING of SPIN" is riding ?
                        just interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X