X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano 2014

According to Down The Line's blog Mark Price is over here in the Uk currently showing off the Nano prototype to dealers. Looks real nice!

Is that DTL,s board stock? I just came in my pants.

Comment

That's around 2/3 of the shortboards. Another row behind the camera plus plenty on storage. Longboards and mccoys etc are in another rack too. Insane selection of boards!

Comment

I am so glad I don't live down there I would be feckin broke.

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha it's pretty deadly in there!

man, that board looks sick!! is it like a Thomo Shapes super groveller?

Comment

Damn that looks nice. I was really hoping that the Nano would be added to the FW range. Looks so good without all the Firewire decals.

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            The production version will be branded with FW logos also. There are a couple more Tomos coming next year though that will be Tomo only branding.
            Exciting.
            That new construction sounds pretty cool also.

I've been sussing out the Nano in the 2014 FW Catalogue... I love what FW have done with the wave size guides etc... knee to head hight. Pretty much on par with a P-Nator, but looks to be more performance.... I'm really keen to get one of these I think.

any idea on the release date?

Comment

• Goanna
            Goanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Justo, where are you seeing the catalogue?
            or where can we all see one?
            Thanks!

Late this winter or early this spring, but the tech availability will vary. The best thing is to place a special order as the first hit will most likely go to customers who place orders.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

1 catalogue for Goanna Attachment I hope.

Comment

• indodreaming
              indodreaming commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheers this is gold.

Sarge, I love you and I hate you for uploading that catalog. I've got a Unibrow arriving any day now, and I already feel like I need to order a Double Agent or a Nano! ARGHHHHH! I'm sick...

Comment

• Sarge
              Sarge commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah. I just got my new 5'6 VG Fst - selling the 5'6" VG RF and 5'11" Uni and all I can think is I want a Nano and a Vader ( even if the vader isn't listed) But, the Nano would be to replace the Dom and I just don't see it winning in fatter waves. But I want it.
              The vids I have seen make the Vader look smoother than the VG but, I love the VG and it's not going anywhere. The hole in my quiver is in the 6 foot - 8 foot area, and there isn't really a suitable Firewire for me for my weight. A Thunderbird could possibly fit the bill, but it's not on the new list either.

Release date for the Nano is a couple of weeks!!! I inquired with Currumbin and they said I'd have one by the end of Feb for the size I want.

gotta get my order in now me thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
              According to Down The Line's blog Mark Price is over here in the Uk currently showing off the Nano prototype to dealers. Looks real nice!
              I wonder why they went away from the double stringer in the LFT and opted for the single? is this saving money? or is it to do with minimising footwells between the 2 stringers?

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah the double does seem more inline with their usual 'parabolic' stringers. Maybe having two was too stiff.

Any word on when the Hashtag will be coming out in AUS? I will be all over that!

Comment

hey guys,
                We've just put up our listings and these awesome looking boards are available for pre-order now, all the information we have available on the nano can be found here:

http://www.secretspot.co.uk/SearchRe...o+surfboard%22

Cheers

Comment

• norberg
                  norberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi secretspot
                  I had a look at the Nano on your website and saw that the volume differs from the 2014 Firewire catalogue. I am looking at the 5'9 if the volume is indeed 33,8. I guess the catalogue is correct, but could you please confirm?

Would the Nano work as a groveller in a similar way to the Potatoes?

Comment

• Phill
                  Phill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's more of an all round shortboard replacement. I reckon it has a pretty big range though. I don't see it as a potato style board though.
              Working...
              X