X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi secretspot
    I had a look at the Nano on your website and saw that the volume differs from the 2014 Firewire catalogue. I am looking at the 5'9 if the volume is indeed 33,8. I guess the catalogue is correct, but could you please confirm?

Comment

• secretspot.co.uk
      secretspot.co.uk commented
      Editing a comment
      The volume on the website is now correct, its 32.8 for the 5'9 Nano. Hope that helps

I'm about to preorder either a 5'9 or a 5'10 Nano. Could someone from FW please chime in and tell us which catalogue has the correct volume measurements?
    The EU catalogue says 32,8l for the 5'9 while the US catalogue has it at 33,8l.

Comment

• secretspot.co.uk
      Editing a comment
      Sorry we had it down wrong, just found out that the volume in the Euro catalogue is in fact wrong and the US one is correct the 5'9 actually has 33.8 liters.

I've got a 5'9" Unibrow, so what kind of size should I be getting a Nano in?

Comment

• csarqui
      csarqui commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same boat in that I have a 5'9 Uni (which is the perfect volume at 28.8L). I put in my pre-order for a 5'6 Nano at 28.6L. The 5'7 is 30.3L which could be a bit too much for me.

Hello, I have a vanguard that suits me perfect 5.6 in volume 28.8L but I have doubts what nano to buy, 5.6 (28.6L) or 5.7 (30.3L), due to the design of the board (more traditional shape) what measure should I buy? I,am 5,9 and 170. Thanks a lot!!

Comment

• dasucle
      dasucle commented
      Editing a comment
      Secretspot many thanks!! surely will use for weaker waves but I dont want feel like buoyancy with exes or unreactive for their actions (5.7) since I had a potatonator 5.6 (30.4l) that sold for very wide tail, just in the upper limit of my buoyanci and feel loss of maneuverable. Also thank you very much for the advice.

• dasucle
      dasucle commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you know something about this cataloge? Volumes are diferents than yours... Say that the 5.7 comes with 29.4l?? The name is EURO CATALOGUE UPDATED... Thanks a lot!!

• secretspot.co.uk
      Editing a comment
      Hi, there's been a bit of a mix up with the catalogues. The 'Euro catalogue updated' is in fact incorrect as its the old catalogue, what we have on our website is correct as its the information Firewire has sent to us most recently so the 5'7 actually has 30.3L. Hope this has helped!

Hey csarqui, Between the Uni and the Nano, what kind of difference are you expecting in terms of what the board can do? I don't want to double-up on boards that are too similar...

Comment

How do people feel about the sizing of the nano? I am 200lbs (90kg) 6.3 and am torn between the 5.9 at 33.8l and the 5.10 at 35.8 (quite a big jump) i normally ride 33l for my shortboard and i understand that tomo says that these should be ridden as small and low vol as possible, my problem is the length and loss of rail line of the 5.9. I do not want it as a groveller and so the 5.10 seems a bit much in terms of vol. If anyone has seen one are they quite foiled or do they look bulky.Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comment

• moreece
        moreece commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 6ft and 93-4kgs riding the the 5.10 and loving it. I'm reasonably fit, surf heaps and would fit somewhere in inter/adv I guess. I could maybe do the 5.9 but I love the extra paddling power.

Wondering how to choose a Nano for my size and surf zone. I'm 44, Intermediate/advanced 5'8" and around 145 lbs. I wear a full wetsuit and boots up here in Oregon where the water is cold and the surf zone is often full of current. Have gravitated towards bigger boards over the years for paddle power. Is the Volume Calculator accurate for my situation? How much over suggested volume can I get away with? Thanks!

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say 5'5 is perfect for you. If you want more float go 5'6. Any bigger will be a boat IMO.

I am in a similar predicament as sjc479. I'm 6'2" and like the look of the 5'8 nano. Volume is ideal at 31.8 but I'm not sure if it would be too short. The 5'9 has too much volume at 33.8 litres. I've never ridden anything that short before. I am concerned about the paddling/wave catching ability of a board that is too short. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Comment

• secretspot.co.uk
        Editing a comment
        If you don't want to go any bigger than a 5'8 because you don't want the extra volume then that's fine. The nano has a clean shape and a wide point just above the middle which will give you plenty of paddle power and early entry despite its size. I Reckon you'll be surprised with just how short you can go with this bad boy!

Thanks, Phill. I assumed it would run shorter, but that's a whole lot shorter than my 6'6" CI! I'm going to order one as soon as I sell another board from my quiver.

Comment

Hey Phil What size Nano would you go for yourself after your experience with the vanguard

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          5'6 for me. Hopefully it wouldn't feel a bit short...

• Wandi
          Wandi commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought you might have looked at the 5'5 at 27 liters as being your ideal size

Is the Nano a lot for back footer like the Vanguard or less?? I am a really front footer and do not want to catch the rail during the bottom (like on the helfire for me).
        If someone has info or experience, please share.
        Tx

Comment

Working...
        X