X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 vs Vanguard rails

Anyone who has a V4 and Vanguard of the same thickness, I'm guessing 4" difference in length, how does the thickness of the rails compare? Is the V4 more refined like a HPSB or are the rails thick like the Vanguard?

i'll let ya know in a couple of days... just dont ask for a v4 vs vg rocker shot..!!!

Comment

• Sarge
      Sarge commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps you can give us a good concave depth shot instead

Ha! The inverted rocker is the way forward. Cheers Dave!

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
      Anyone who has a V4 and Vanguard of the same thickness, I'm guessing 4" difference in length, how does the thickness of the rails compare? Is the V4 more refined like a HPSB or are the rails thick like the Vanguard?
      Yes mine are both the same thickness, 2.5", a 6'0 V4 and a 5'8 VG. Bang on 4" difference in length. At the back the rail thickness and profile seem fairly similar, to be honest I've never put them right up close together to compare. Going forward towards the nose the rails seem a bit more refined on the V4 than the VG.

Comment

here we go.. same... v4 foiled a little into the nose flip.. been out with dodgy back.. will try and find smooth gentle take-offs tomorrow for a careful test drive... after much stretching/warm-ups..

Comment

• Josh BL
          Josh BL commented
          Editing a comment
          Liking the artwork on the V4!

- Firewire Intern Josh

thanks Josh BL, makes them go faster..!!.. been sprayed on all my Nev's/FW's for decades by Christian Chapman on the gold coast... seriously talented artist..and shaper too..

Comment

three careful waves with my dodgy back today...with the same fins in for comparison (ea blackstix) its faster/twitchier rail to rail than the vg... less projection/very tight arcs...a little less trim speed... if my back is up to it i'll try a few stiffer/bigger fins templates tomorrow to compensate... the v4 definitely needs you to push harder off the fins without the fully utilized ultra straight rail line of the vg...

Comment

Need to get one of those V4 happening

Comment

wild weather here..only clean spots have bad stormwater pollution.. being old and wise these days, i'm waiting a another day or two before further testing...if my back co-operates..!!... keen to get some more fin in the v4 and give it the boot.....

Comment

oh sarge.. gotta find a straight edge for your concave shots... much milder than the VG and has doubles of varying depths.... and those channels... :)

Comment

about a dozen more waves.. bad quality, bad back and badly surfed... no sections long enough to get my feet right, and nose dived the only two that stood up..(what a kook)... first half with the futures ea blackstix still in and i was overpowering it all over the place... switched to the larger and much stiffer futures MB2's with the large carbon lay-up and it started to do what i told it...only one end section stood up for a bottom turn to closeout reo which was fast and solid feeling.. the VG would of shredded today so at this stage i assume the V4 needs better waves...i'll get 'em soon...i promise....

Comment

Working...
                  X