X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 - new tech or not ? what's the go

sorry to be impatient - but you FW guys have teased us with another photo, with little explanation.
    So, what's the deal with the new V4's with the Black lines ? is it a tape or pin lines or full double carbon stringer ?

this is what i was referring to

Comment

It's a new tech. I don't know how much I can say but it's replacing the CF with a new material but otherwise it's a similar build to RF. I'm sure FW will reveal all soon.

Comment

Phill cannot reveal anything but I can. It is in fact Liquorice rope and will be available in Raspberry rope as well depending on personal taste.
        This is thought to be ground-breaking tech with the only issue being if the rope gets wet - it can go soggy.
        FW believe it will be a big hit with the kids.
        Thanks

Comment

i know.....but i'm not telling.......

Comment

You guys are supposed to be one of us, not one of them :p

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              Mark explained it to me when he was in the uk with the nano prototype but requested it was kept under wraps for the time being.
              It's called LFT.

• pmorgan
              pmorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              LFT I hope that doesn't stand for less fucking tough, lol.

Ok ok. I see him in the water here all the time. I'll have to ask him about it.

Comment

http://www.secretspot.co.uk/Blog/new...shtag-236.aspx All explained here

Comment

haha, after I put it up it appears that they've taken down all the details... classic....

Comment

NEW FOR 2014 : LINEAR FLEX TECHNOLOGY Linear Flex Technology (LFT) represents Firewire’s latest recipe in our ongoing pursuit to optimize the flex characteristics of our boards. LFT replaces the RapidFIRE internal carbon rods with an 18mm wide aerospace composite suspension system that runs the length of the board, and also includes a sandwich construction top-deck sheet to increase compression strength versus traditional single density surfboards. The LFT supports are inserted from the bottom deck and stop 10mm below the top-deck to avoid ridge lines as the deck compresses slightly over time to create footwells. In addition, the natural tapering of the LFT inserts created by the foil of the board creates additional strength through the center with increased flex through the tail. LFT offers a fast-twitch flex response, creating incredible 'twang' in and out of turns!

Comment

good work pmorgan

Comment

http://www.waimea.fr/index.php/Tips-...Timbertek.html

Comment

That new tech is looking insaaaaaane

Comment

Working...
                        X