X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomo "Vader" release?

C'mon those in the "firewire" know, when can Australia expect the first release for the Tomo "Vader" model?

And V4 Thunderbird while you are at it, at least an idea on the dim's. Both look great.

Comment

I reckon you'll see the Vader Q1 next year. Looks like it's all ready to go. Dunno if the Thunderbird is even a planned release or just a team board.

Comment

Any dimensions on sizes for the "Vader" model @Phill?

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Haven't seen anything yet. Eagerly awaiting. Hopefully they move away from the stock vanguard dims as I don't think the way they scaled up linearly from Tomo and Stu's 5'2 really worked as well as it could for heavier guys.
          Last edited by Phill; 12-29-2013, 08:26 AM.

I am hanging for the nano dimensions. Hope it's a grovel board like the spud. Like the idea that they are not so short.

Comment

Btw, ready to sell my sub, mini driver and spud. Can't keep off my vanguard but I can't get it working well in small fat wave so the nano be sweet. Maybe a v4 can replace my mini driver

Comment

Hey @Chris, anything else you can add to @Phill regarding sizes & dimensions for the upcoming release of the Tomo "Vader" model?

Comment

http://hydrodynamica.wordpress.com/2...14/tomo-vader/

Comment

The Vader release is TBD at this point. Dims and build are still being finalized. Likely the first half of 2014 though.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I don't know if I can hold out that long @Josh BL....

Comment

• Sarge
                    Sarge commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No. Not waiting. Picking up a 5'6" VG FST today. Will sell my 5'6" VG RF and see what happens with the vader dims when it's released.

Any more news on the Vader? There's nothing in the Firewire 2014 catalogue...

Comment

does the vader have basically same bottom outline with a different tail? diamond to pivot better?

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The Vader has the diamond tail and a completely different channel set up. I'm not sure how the rocker and foil will compare on the Firewire release though but I imagine Tomo has the rocker for these little boards dialed in so can't imagine it changing.

I was told by the rep here that the Vader will be out in about 2 months...

Comment

Sexy Vader...

http://vimeo.com/88176111

Comment

• Josh BL
                        Josh BL commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sick find!

Both the Vader and Thunderbird are projects that are still in the pipeline. Check back in the second half of the year for more info.

- FIJ

Comment

Working...
                      X