Throughout 2013, Share The Stoke Foundation (STSF) in partnership with Firewire, FCS, and Sticky Bumps has created positive surf communities globally. Impacting countless kids throughout 10 countries, this powerful team has inspired discipline, leadership, community and responsibility in young surfers. As part of the final stop of their 100 Board Project they are searching for two young groms who embody these same principles so they can get more leaders in the water surfing. Make sure to check their Facebook page here and get in on the action.
Here are the highlights for the Facebook video contest:
If you are under 18, making a positive impact in your community, and always wanted a new Firewire surfboard, we have the ultimate Facebook contest for you.
Between November 15, 2013 and December 25, 2013 Share The Stoke Foundation (STSF) is searching for two epic groms. These are not just any old groms but ones who are making a difference in their community.
Share The Stoke Foundation is a global organization that creates responsibility and discipline in kids. They believe that kids need to be celebrated for the positive ways they express themselves. Surfing is one of them.
The United States is the 10th country to be impacted by STSF’s 100 Board Project. To enter to win or to vote check out the Share The Stoke Foundation Facebook page. It’s a great way to see how young groms in the U.S. are acting as leaders.
The Nitty Gritty:
Who is eligible:
1. Kids who have positively contributed to their community.
2. Must live in the United States (Yes, Alaskans and Hawaiians eligible).
3. Must be under 18 years old as of December 31, 2013. Proof of age will be required if you win.
Epic prize includes (Thanks to our amazing sponsors):
1. One New Firewire Surfboard
2. Three FCS fins
3. One FCS leash
4. One FCS traction pad
5. Handful of Sticky Bumps wax
6. Moana Surf Co. rash guard
How to get started:
1. “Like” the “Share The Stoke Foundation” (STSF) page
2. Between November 15th and December 25th, 2013 post a 1-2 minute video on YouTube or Vimeo about how you have made a difference on this planet. We want to hear from kids all over the United States who positively contribute to their communities. Let’s Share The Stoke!
3. Fill out the Facebook contest form
4. Post the URL for your video
5. Invite your friends to the page
6. Between November 15st and December 25th ask your friends to vote for your video. (In order to vote your friends must like the STSF page.)
1. The videos will be ranked with the highest votes to the top.
2. Each Facebook account may vote once per day. So come back and see us often.
3. Voting closes midnight December 25th, 2013 at 12:00AM EST.
4. There will be TWO prize winners. The TWO videos with the most number of votes will win prizes.
1. All videos will be approved by Share The Stoke Foundation administration before they are posted to the site for voting. This is a rated G contest. Videos that contain any profanity or suggestive nature will be rejected.
2. Boards will only be shipped in the United States.
3. Winner will be announced on Facebook on the Share The Stoke Foundation page on December 25th, 2013.
4. Guardians must sign a hold harmless waiver before boards will be shipped.
5. Prizes will be shipped by December 31st, 2013.