Chuy here, I’m starting a series of interviews called "Stock Soldiers."
A fast growing group of pro surfers/soldiers have been ripping on our boards and state that our stock boards are working better than the custom PU surfboards that they have been riding.
These interviews will give you an insight on how fast our brand has connected with great surfers from all over the world.
Enjoy and thanks for the support.
Chuy Reyna - Marketing / Sales - Firewire Surfboards
- Please tell me your Name, Age, hometown and Occupation:
- Bruce Campbell, 23, Port Elizabeth, South Africa and currently a student at NMMU university.
- How did you discover Firewire?
- I am friends with Taj and he told me a lot about the boards and got me really interested and then Cheron allowed me to test one and I was hooked since then.
- What is your take on Firewire Tech/boards?
- They really strong, fast and responsive surfboards. They are always very reliable and get me around a big section when I sometimes feel I may not make it.
- Can you share a story where you were blown away by your board, like a maneuver, a contest result etc.
- It was like my 6th or so wave on a demo board the first time I was riding a Firewire and I took off on a wave did a turn and then set up for a really deep barrel that I never thought I would come out of and it was like the board just dropped a gear and shot me through this long heavy barrel. After that wave I went in, came to the shop and bought my own Firewire!
- I’m trying to get people to understand that boards made out of foam can and will break under the right impact; do you have any broken board stories?
- I pulled into a fairly heavy barrel got closed out on and came up and my board was snapped in three pieces not just two! I was so bummed! These days I pull into even bigger and heavier closeout pits and my Firewire never gets damaged.
- Are you paid by Firewire surfboards?
- No, but I would love to be.