Chuy here, I’m starting a series of interviews called "Stock Soldiers."
A fast growing group of pro surfers/soldiers have been ripping on our boards and state that our stock boards are working better than the custom PU surfboards that they have been riding.
These interviews will give you an insight on how fast our brand has connected with great surfers from all over the world.
Enjoy and thanks for the support.
Chuy Reyna - Marketing / Sales - Firewire Surfboards
- Please tell me your Name, Age, hometown and Occupation:
- My name is Noah Snyder, from Kitty Hawk, NC, I am 36 years old, and my occupation is surfing, and Hurley retail marketing ,and events. My other sponsors are OBBC, Destination Surf, Cobian, and Hurley.
- How did you discover Firewire?
- I got introduced to the 5’6” dominator by Outer Banks Boarding Company.
- What is your take on Firewire Tech/boards?
- I got on the 5'6"”" Dominator and I was instantly hooked. The board was so fast, and responsive that it made weak surf seem not so weak. The floatation was insane – so much fun
- Can you share a story where you were blown away by your board, like a maneuver, a contest result etc.
- The 2nd session I had on the Dominator was where I really new the board was magic! I had a 2 hour session to video and get clips for a short video segment for Firewire. Usually a short video part would take a day of two of filming to get the clips needed, but Nic Mclean, and I nailed it down in those two hours!! The Board gave me great confidence in this session, and we got rrr done!
- I’m trying to get people to understand that boards made out of foam can and will break under the right impact; do you have any broken board stories?
- I was in Puerto Escondido and Bill Hartley had a triple stringer board, and the stringers were all PVC - super strong!! The board shouldn't have broken , but as we all know any board can break at any time under the right circumstances. Sure enough a solid size set came in, and smoked the board not just in half, but 3 pieces – mother nature will always win!!
- Are you paid by Firewire surfboards?
- No I don’t get paid to ride them – I ride them because I trust them!