Chuy here, I’m starting a series of interviews called "Stock Soldiers."
A fast growing group of pro surfers/soldiers have been ripping on our boards and state that our stock boards are working better than the custom PU surfboards that they have been riding.
These interviews will give you an insight on how fast our brand has connected with great surfers from all over the world.
Enjoy and thanks for the support.
Chuy Reyna - Marketing / Sales - Firewire Surfboards
- Please tell me your Name, Age, hometown and Occupation:
- Sean Holmes, 32, Cape Town, Professional Surfer and Marketer
- How did you discover Firewire?
- Thru the passion and desire for speed…
- What is your take on Firewire Tech/boards?
- The technology is great and proof is in the spate of results achieved by team riders on Firewire Boards.
- Can you share a story where you were blown away by your board, like a maneuver, a contest result etc.
- I have been blown away on many occasion but most memorable was a session down the east coast where it felt as if my board became a natural extension of my legs. I was able to do whatever I wanted. It was crazy!
- I’m trying to get people to understand that boards made out of foam can and will break under the right impact; do you have any broken board stories?
- I have broken a number of boards and ultimately there is no decisive reason why they broke? Most my boards have broken in 2ft surf and I put it all down to poor timing on the wave. Breaking surfboards is part of the game and the harder you go the more you will break, irrespective of what they are made of.
- Are you paid by Firewire surfboards?
- No, but it feels like I am paid in quality performance equipment thanks to Firewire.