Chuy here, I’m starting a series of interviews called "Stock Soldiers."
A fast growing group of pro surfers/soldiers have been ripping on our boards and state that our stock boards are working better than the custom PU surfboards that they have been riding.
These interviews will give you an insight on how fast our brand has connected with great surfers from all over the world.
Enjoy and thanks for the support.
Chuy Reyna - Marketing / Sales - Firewire Surfboards
- Please tell me your Name, Age, hometown and Occupation:
- Sol Pereira-Ryan, 17yrs Old , Coolangatta Qld, Surfer
- How did you discover Firewire?
- My Brother had one when I was younger, it went really well for him and then I gave one a try and it was awesome!
- What is your take on Firewire Tech/boards?
- Firewire surfboards are lighter, stronger and very durable than any other kind if technology. I've ridden nearly every brand and every kind of boards - foam, epoxy, carbon are no match for Firewires.
- Can you share a story where you were blown away by your Firewire board, like a manoeuvre, a content result, etc.
- Every Firewire I ride from the first surf always goes good. Being a stock soldier allows me to go and get the exactly the same board as the one I break. I've had a lot of comps were I've needed to go in the day before the comp starts and every time it’s amazing. I have been going really well in my surfing ever since riding these boards. Thanks guys for the boards and support. :)
- I’m trying to get people to understand that boards made out of foam can and will break under the right impact; do you have any broken board stories?
- I had a really sick session at D'Bah not too long ago with my friends. Waves were bout 4ft clean and I got this one wave which end up being a close out. I went the wave anyways and fell on the bottom turn. As I came up from falling, my board was cleanly snapped into 2 pieces. I knew that that was the end for me riding normal foam surfboards and time to get on the Firewires.